At Galway Community Circus we strive to advance education in the circus arts and to promote social inclusion for young people through the provision of circus arts education programmes, youth exchanges, youth arts performances, and outreach programmes with schools and youth and community groups.
Our objectives are
- To advance the artistic, personal and social development of young people through circus arts.
- To create an imaginative and non-competitive learning environment which aims to enhance participants’ sense of well-being.
- To ensure that our work is centred on young people, and that their voices are represented in all aspects of our work.
- To promote social inclusion by actively targeting young people who are considered excluded or isolated because of their circumstances and to continue developing social inclusion measures that remove barriers to participation.
- To ensure the circus operates to the highest standards of governance and management and to maintain and develop our work in accordance with our ethos and guiding principles.
- To create a centre of excellence for youth and social circus education in Ireland.