As a community, the circus is a unique, wonderful, welcoming and all around happy place to be.
Our Flea Circus introduces children aged 5 to 7 years to circus arts through a variety of fun games and activities. The areas of circus we work on are balancing, juggling, manipulation, aerial and acrobatics.
In Flea Circus children are supported in
- Practicing positive social interaction – learning to share and to wait for turns
- Experiencing situations of collaboration - leading and following
- Developing a sense of belonging to a group
- Building a foundation in circus and recognising the props of each circus art
- Developing greater body awareness
- Becoming comfortable in front of an audience
- Increasing focus, concentration, balance and coordination
- Enjoying safe risk-taking within a secure environment
All our members have the opportunity to take part in Galway Community Circus performances – from theatre shows and Big Top Tent shows to street performances and parades. Flea Circus members are invited to take part in two performances each year. Participation is strictly voluntary and tremendously fun!
Flea Circus classes are offered on four different afternoons a week. For times, fees and to enrol, click on the button below. Please note that places are limited and at present there is a waiting list for many of our classes. Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 085 1117224!