Circus is my home; whether I’m training or performing I can’t think of a better way to spend my time than circus.
Our Junior Circus classes are designed for young people aged 8 to 11 years. We engage in the various disciplines of circus, including aerial, manipulation, balance, acrobatics as well as stage presence.
In Junior Circus our focus is on
- Teamwork, new friendships and group bonding – leading, following, developing a sense of belonging to a group and feeling responsible for the smooth running of that group
- Developing a greater sense of personal responsibility and independent learning – setting personal goals and thinking of creative ways to achieve them
- Increasing body awareness and muscle development
- Learning techniques and developing skills in the main areas of circus; aerial, manipulation, coordination, balance, performance, as well as in their own chosen skills
- Being comfortable performing own routines in front of an audience
- Engaging in safe risk-taking within the secure circus environment
Junior Circus is open to all levels and abilities (max 15 people per group).
All our members have the opportunity to take part in Galway Community Circus performances – from theatre shows and Big Top Tent shows to street performances and parades. Junior Circus members are invited to take part in two performances each year. Participation is strictly voluntary and tremendously fun!
Junior Circus classes are offered on four different days a week. For times, fees and to enrol, click on the registration button. Please note that places are limited and at present there is a waiting list for many of our classes. Don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 085 1117224!