Circus is my emotional rock! With every drop, prop and silly frock it helps me unblock and unlock my happier self.
Our Senior Circus classes are designed for young people aged 15 to 20 years. These classes offer the participants a chance to learn a wide variety of circus skills AND focus on their favourite ones. The areas of circus we work on are equilibristics, balance, manipulation, acrobatics (including aerial) and performance.
In Senior Circus our focus is on
- Building up circus skills and techniques
- Teamwork – leading, following, assisting each other and experiencing a sense of belonging and responsibility to the group
- Being comfortable at a basic level in all circus disciplines and being able to express oneself using chosen skills
- Creating pieces both independently and collaboratively, and learning to manage time and resources
- Thinking outside the box and taking risks
- Personal health, fitness and muscle development
- Having fun
Our Tweenies and Senior Circus members also get a chance to learn production skills, such as costume design, make-up, sound, light and stage management, as well as choreography and arts project planning and management. Plus, they have opportunities to take part in national and international youth circus exchanges, performance festivals and master classes.
Senior Circus is open to all levels (max 20 people per group).
All our members have the opportunity to take part in Galway Community Circus performances – from theatre shows and Big Top Tent shows to street performances and parades. Senior Circus members are invited to take part in four performances each year. Participation is strictly voluntary and tremendously fun!
Senior Circus classes are offered on one evening of the week. For times, fees and to enrol, click on the button below. Please note that places are limited. Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 085 1117224!