In circus I’ve found a place where I can always feel safe and happy, even on my worst days.
Tweenies Circus classes offer the participants a chance to learn a wide variety of circus skills and focus on their favourite ones. The areas of circus we work on are equilibristics, balancing, manipulation, acrobatics (including aerial) and performance.
In Tweenies Circus participants focus on
- Teamwork – leading, assisting, working together and feeling a sense of belonging and responsibility towards the group
- Advancing in the main areas of circus; aerial, manipulation, coordination, balance, performance, as well as in their own chosen skills
- Setting goals for their own learning, to understand their own learning style, and to think of creative ways to achieve those goals
- Maintaining good personal levels of health and fitness, and to understand the limitations of their body
- Being able to guide others through basic tricks and to spot/assist them while doing those tricks
- Learning to express themselves with circus props & equipment in front of an audience
Tweenies Circus is open to all levels (max 15 people per group).
All our members have the opportunity to take part in Galway Community Circus performances – from theatre shows and Big Top Tent shows to street performances and parades. Tweenies Circus members are invited to take part in four performances each year. Participation is strictly voluntary and tremendously fun!
Tweenies Circus classes are offered on three different days a week. For times, fees and to enrol, click on the button below. Please note that places are limited. Don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 085 1117224!