Digital Communications Officer (Volunteer)
Reporting to: Development & Marketing Manager
The role of Digital Communications Officer is a volunteer role in the company and an opportunity for the position holder to contribute to the development of youth and social circus in Ireland and internationally.
Terms & Conditions
Salary: Unpaid voluntary internship/work experience position.
Post: This is a part-time role (15-20 hrs per week)
Location: Working remotely with weekly update meetings at Galway Community Circus offices, c/o St Joseph’s Community Centre, Shantalla, Galway
How to apply
Please email your CV listing two referees (including phone numbers and email addresses) and cover letter outlining your interest in this role and what skills and experience you would bring to Galway Community Circus.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark your email: Digital Communications Officer Application
The closing date for applications: Thursday 7th December 2017
About Galway Community Circus
Galway Community Circus is the flagship for youth and social circus education in Ireland and one of Ireland’s leading circus arts and youth arts organisations. Our aim is to advance the artistic, personal and social development of young people and promote social inclusion through circus arts. We are committed to creating an innovative, artistic and imaginative learning experience where all young people can realise their potential.
Our community circus school has 477 members of all ages who attend weekly classes in our training hall in Galway City. We also deliver outreach programmes in partnership with schools, youth and community organisations. Our programmes focus on creativity and performance and we stage several youth arts productions annually from theatre shows to outdoor performances. We are committed to developing youth and social circus practice in Ireland and we run professional development programmes and are involved in key research and development initiatives. We are a member of the European Youth and Social Circus Network ‘Caravan’ and a large part of our work takes place on a European level.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join Galway Community Circus as we are exploring innovative new models of creative engagement, and strive to be at the forefront of developing youth and social circus in Ireland and internationally. We are producing one of the anchor projects of Galway 2020 European Capital of Culture Programme. Wires Crossed - a Balancing Act for Europe is a large-scale European project promoting mental and physical wellbeing and community integration through the art of funambulism (tightwire). This project gives us an opportunity to create a significant legacy for the young people of Galway, Ireland and Europe.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to manage and implement Galway Community Circus’ Digital Communications Strategy and contribute to a thriving organisation with ambitious plans for the years ahead.
To create engaging and relevant digital content for the organisation and analyse success of this content according to performance indicators. The digital communications officer will also monitor social media channels and respond to day-to-day queries, and use this experience to identify new opportunities in digital outreach. They will contribute to the creation and implementation of a digital strategy.
- Run social media platform on a day to day basis, responding to queries as necessary
- Develop and optimise digital and social media outputs, including text, images, video and audio to reach wide-ranging target audiences, including as part of larger campaigns which require coordination with other teams in the organisation
- Increase the organisation’s visibility among potential clients
- Protect and enhance the organisation’s public reputation when speaking on its behalf
- Spot trends and advise on best social media content and new technologies
- Review online content, making sure it meets users’ needs, is up to date, and is search engine optimised
- Catalogue new images and copy
- Create relationships with external websites like bloggers to increase site traffic
- Engage current and potential clients via email newsletter
- Listen to the feedback and needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Provide quality control support e.g. proof-reading, editing and making sure all content is on brand
- Manage technical aspects of the website
- Use analytic tools to report on social media and web performance
What you will gain from the experience:
- You will gain invaluable insight and experience in the Irish Arts Sector
- You will cultivate friendships & professional relationships and build invaluable networks for the future
- You will learn all aspects of Digital Communications
- You will have access to a large number of circus performances, events and shows
Galway Community Circus is an equal opportunities employer