Job Title: Development and Marketing Manager
Responsible to: Executive Creative Director
The role of Development and Marketing Manager is a new role in the company and an opportunity for the position holder to contribute to the development of youth and social circus in Ireland and internationally.
Terms & Conditions
Salary: €36,200 per annum pro rata
Post: This is a part-time role (30 hrs per week)
Hours: Standard hours are Monday to Friday. This post requires flexibility and availability to work daytime, evenings or weekends occasionally
Location: Working from Galway Community Circus offices, c/o St Joseph’s Community Centre, Shantalla, Galway
Probation: This post is subject to a six-month probationary period
How to apply
Please email your CV listing two referees (including phone numbers and email addresses) and cover letter outlining your interest in this role and what skills and experience you would bring to Galway Community Circus. Please refer directly to the job description and person specification. Receipt of your application will be confirmed by email and your application will be treated with strictest confidence.
Please submit your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark your email: Development and Marketing Manager Application
The closing date for applications is: Thursday 6th April 2017
Interviews will be held: Thursday 13th April 2017
About Galway Community Circus
Galway Community Circus is the flagship for youth and social circus education in Ireland and one of Ireland’s leading circus arts and youth arts organisations. Our aim is to advance the artistic, personal and social development of young people and promote social inclusion through circus arts. We are committed to creating an innovative, artistic and imaginative learning experience where all young people can realise their potential.
Our community circus school has 477 members of all ages who attend weekly classes in our training hall in Galway City. We also deliver outreach programmes in partnership with schools, youth and community organisations. Our programmes focus on creativity and performance and we stage several youth arts productions annually from theatre shows to outdoor performances. We are committed to developing youth and social circus practice in Ireland and we run professional development programmes and are involved in key research and development initiatives. We are a member of the European Youth and Social Circus Network ‘Caravan’ and a large part of our work takes place on a European level.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join Galway Community Circus as we are exploring innovative new models of creative engagement, and strive to be at the forefront of developing youth and social circus in Ireland and internationally. We are producing one of the anchor projects of Galway 2020 European Capital of Culture Programme. Wires Crossed - a Balancing Act for Europe is a large-scale European project promoting mental and physical wellbeing and community integration through the art of funambulism (tightwire). This project gives us an opportunity to create a significant legacy for the young people of Galway, Ireland and Europe.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to develop, manage and implement Galway Community Circus’ Development and Marketing Strategies and contribute to a thriving organisation with ambitious plans for the years ahead.
Main purpose of the post:
The Development and Marketing Manager will lead in the creation and implementation of Galway Community Circus’ fundraising and marketing strategies. As Development and Marketing Manager of Galway Community Circus, you will be a key member of our team. Your job will be strategic, social and will put into practice your strong beliefs about philanthropy and the importance of a strongly linked connection between marketing and fundraising activity. Your work will greatly influence the well-being of the organisation and will be integral in enabling Galway Community Circus to achieve ambitious artistic and community objectives. The role asks for your highest level of entrepreneurialism, discretion, and interpersonal skills.
Duties / Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Executive Creative Director on the effective delivery of the Galway Community Circus’ artistic vision
- Lead in the creation and implementation of a fundraising and marketing strategy that reflects Galway Community Circus’ vision, mission and values, delivers the company’s objectives and generates sustainable income to support all aspects of the company’s work
- Develop and implement an effective and cohesive marketing and audience development plan and appropriate communication strategies
- Work with colleagues to identify fundraising requirements and opportunities of planned activity, and research and identify grant opportunities in a timely manner to meet these requirements
- Prepare fundraising proposals to a high professional standard, including monitoring and evaluation reports
- Develop and manage fundraising events and identify and build corporate relationships and develop bespoke sponsorship opportunities for Galway Community Circus’ programmes
- Develop and nurture excellent relationships with sponsors, partners and donors to maximise long-term support
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to ensure effective mechanisms are in place for monitoring and evaluation of funded activity
- Oversee and manage the preparation, design, production, and distribution of all printed publicity material (leaflets, posters, brochures etc.)
- Manage press and publicity campaigns, ensuring that information is also provided to all relevant networks, organisations, agencies and bodies, both nationally and internationally
- Maintain Galway Community Circus’ website (Joomla CMS) and social media platforms and develop and implement all digital marketing campaigns, ensuring the maximum effectiveness of those key marketing tools
- Continue to develop Galway Community Circus’ profile and branding
- Manage the allocated budget for all fundraising and marketing activity
- Maintain a full understanding of data protection requirements and fundraising codes of practice and ensure Galway Community Circus is fully compliant with such requirements
- Identify and represent the organisation within appropriate networks locally and nationally internationally
- Maintain a full understanding of Child protection and Health & safety requirements and other relevant legislation and ensure Galway Community Circus is fully compliant with such requirements
- Actively support and promote Galway Community Circus’ commitment to diversity and equal opportunities in every area of our work
- Undertake other duties as requested and commensurate with the role
- Previous fundraising and marketing experience, with a demonstrable track record of success
- Proven creative and entrepreneurial skills in reaching or exceeding targets
- Knowledge and proven experience of creating, implementing, and reporting upon strategic and operational development plans
- Computer literate (MS Office, Joomla) with excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills, and a proven ability to devise strategic development and project budgets, and to manage, monitor and report on income and expenditure effectively
- Excellent organisational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise a demanding workload and to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Flexibility and excellent time management skills
- Leadership ability and the capacity to motivate a team
- Demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships with a wide range of organisations and individuals, including strong networking skills
- Extensive contacts within, and huge enthusiasm for, the arts and community sector
- Passion and understanding of the importance of creativity in today’s society, especially the importance of the arts for children and young people
- Third level qualification in marketing, communications or other relevant fields
Galway Community Circus is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors, managed by a small professional team and supported by European Volunteer Scheme and a Community Employment Scheme. The post-holder will be responsible to the Executive Creative Director and performance will be monitored quarterly.
Galway Community Circus is an equal opportunities employer.